In Path of Exile 3.2.0b, GGG said that they enabled four Beastcrafting recipes that were previously not possible. It’s clear that one of these recipes is pitched in the wrong place and needs further work to make sure it’s appropriately rare for the rewards it gives. This recipe has been disabled temporarily until they can rebalance it, test the solution and release a patch.
Let’s take a look at the different perspectives of players:
1. Every league is this way at the beginning. There’s always some busted mechanic that gets nerfed within a week after a few ppl have abused the shit out of it.
2. A rollback would piss off many more people who would have found nice drops during this timeframe without using the recipe.
3. So the message to take away from this is, if a situation like this comes up in the future one should just exploit it as fast as possible? Well congrats to all the people who “duped” elder/shaper items.
4. But it was the first thing what came to mind when seeing this recipe – duping shaper/elder items. Where this is an exploit in that regard?
5. Congrats to all the rich people who managed to get richer, now all the rest of us plebs can go and buy the duped bases and enchants from you with our hard grinded exalts.
6. Unfortunately a lot of the Astrals were bought up by price fixers/flippers who assumed (correctly) that it would be disabled/changed. Now they’re all being sold for the usual 1.5-2x+, no real benefit to the average joe.
Anyway, I believe GGG will of course keep working to improve every aspect of the game they can.